1. It’s 20 days until I go to New York and get to have an emotional airport reunion with my best friend. I have so much to do, no idea what to wear and am already stressing about my first solo flight but I still wish it was happening tomorrow. SO MUCH EXCITEMENT.
2. I’m working a lot at the moment, which has taken some adjustment, but I still love my job. The people are so nice, which makes a massive difference, and I’m still not over it being a couple of minutes walk instead of a half hour drive. Plus more hours = more money for shopping, yeahhhhhh!
3. Last week I had to go in to hospital for a relatively minor procedure which I’d been quite stressed out about, but it really wasn’t anywhere near as bad as I’d convinced myself it would be. It left me pretty tired, but a couple of days chilling out and trying not to worry has left me feeling refreshed.
4. Somehow, the planets seemed to align and I ended up with a whole weekend off. I can’t remember the last time I had a full weekend of no work and being able to catch up on some much needed me time was a very welcome surprise.
5. I just finished my fifth time rewatching the entire eight seasons of House, aka my favourite TV show ever, so that always makes me smile. I’ll never get tired of it! Now to move on to my next series – any recommendations?
6. I feel like my life has been all about food lately which is never a bad thing. I’ve been catching up with friends over cuppas, baking the perfect triple chocolate cookies, having afternoon tea with my mum and various delicious dinners for date nights – long may it continue!
7. Whilst not necessarily related to me, Paddy has just handed in his dissertation and is nearly finished his last semester of university. I’m so proud of him for all of his hard work, I know it’ll pay off!
8. I can’t believe it’s nearly May, but that means it’s one month closer to my birthday! I’m turning 21 at the end of July and I’m going to totally milk it, making it last at least a week if not more… I’ve started planning some celebrations already and it’s making me very excited.
9. My wee cat wasn’t well again last month, which was tough, but he pulled through and is back to his usual nonsense. For a cat of his advanced age, he’s doing pretty well!
10. The sun has been making a couple of appearances over the past week or so and although it’s not quite heatwave material yet, a sunny day always puts me in a good mood. Here’s hoping it sticks around for a bit longer and the snow we saw earlier in the week is gone!