Back in June I left the Apple world behind and turned to the dark side, upgrading to a Samsung Galaxy S6 as opposed to the latest iPhone. Whilst being the owner of an iPad and an iPod I’m in no way anti-Apple, but as far as phones go I know that the Samsung Galaxy S6 was the right choice for me. It suits me better, the battery lasts longer and the customisations allow me to refresh and update whenever I feel like it!
I’m one of those people who believes that your phone can be an accessory, which is apt as it’s rarely left behind and so features in just about any outfit I wear. When I first switched from an iPhone I was pretty disappointed at the lack of cute cases available for my model and I missed my darling Hugh Laurie phone case quite dearly. Luckily, GoCustomized offer a range of personalised phone cases for the majority of makes and models, so true to my unending cat lady tendencies I’ve now got this funky transparent number keeping my precious phone safe! If, like me, you’re struggling to find a case you love then you can make your own Samsung Galaxy S6 case over on their site – perfect if you want something a little bit different.
As an avid phone user I have a multitude of apps that I use on a daily basis, so I thought I’d share a few of my absolute favourites that I can’t bring myself to quit.
- Instagram – This is totally obvious, but Instagram is one of my favourite social networks and you’ll pretty much always find me browsing a feed full of daschunds at any given moment. I love following new people on Instagram, so leave yours in the comments and you can follow me here.
- Snapchat – Again, this could probably be considered a social network, but it’s not quite as widely used as Instagram. I didn’t used to be in to the whole Snapchat thing, but now I’m totally hooked on seeing little behind the scenes snippets of my favourite bloggers’ lives, as well as sending horrific selfies to my best pals. If you use Snapchat you can follow me at “dougallpants”, my totally embarrassing username which I now can’t change…
- Yelp – As you’ve probably realised by now I love food, and finding new places to eat is one of my favourite things to do! Yelp is jam packed with hidden gems in the city with trustworthy reviews from real life people, so is my go to when I’m on the hunt for a foodie fix.
- Afterlight – This is the only app I have ever paid for in my life. Well, that I remember paying for at least! It was roughly 79p when I first bought it and seeing as I use it most days I think I’ve got my monies worth. This is one of the best photo editing apps I’ve used, it’s so easy and works perfectly for what I want!
- Wunderlist – Obviously this list was going to contain some sort of organisational tool, as I’m forever trying to keep on top of my strangely hectic life. Wunderlist is essentially a to-do list app, which syncs across multiple platforms and devices, as well as allowing for numerous lists to be on the go at once. An essential for a list lover like myself!
- Citymapper – Citymapper doesn’t get as much use as my other apps, but it’s one I will never delete from my phone as it’s just so useful. I first discovered it when I was visiting London last year and it made getting about a total breeze. Providing details for various transport methods, down to what entrance of the station is most convenient for your journey, as well as estimating taxi costs and the calories burned it’s the perfect app for exploring new areas.
- 1010! – Okay, so this is totally not useful at all, but it is an incredibly addictive game that everyone needs to play at least once in their lives. If you’ve ever got a spare minute to waste while waiting on your bus then this will most definitely keep you entertained!
Terms and Conditions
- This giveaway is open to UK entrants only
- One winner will be chosen at random via the Rafflecopter widget below
- Entry is via the Rafflecopter widget below and the winner will receive a £20 voucher code for GoCustomized
- Entrants under 18 must seek parental permission before entering
- No purchase necessary
- Once drawn, the winner will be contacted via the email provided and have 24 hours to respond due to the timely nature of this prize
- All entries will be moderated and duplicate, false or incomplete entries will be deleted
- The giveaway will run from 28.1.16 to 4.2.16