1. 2015 isn’t quite ending on the high I had hoped, but it’s a new year soon and as cliché as it may sound it’s also a new start.
2. A couple of weeks ago Paddy turned 21 and I’m pretty grateful to spend another birthday with him. You may remember a while back I mentioned that I had booked him a surprise getaway in January, and when I told him we’re off to Berlin he seemed pretty delighted!
3. Speaking of surprises, Paddy’s gorgeous baby niece was born last weekend. A little early Christmas present, in the most beautiful form possible.
4. It’s been decided that I’m not going to be fit for work until the new year, with it looking like mid-January at the earliest, and as gutted as I am about this little recovery hiccup I’m kind of glad I don’t need to deal with Christmas in retail this year.
5. I’ve been lucky enough to meet some incredible people because of my blog, one of those being Lis who not only travelled over to spend a Friday evening eating pizza on my couch, but also sent me the most thoughtful little package of treats for Christmas.
6. A few weeks back I didn’t think I would meet any of the little goals I’d set myself for 2015, but during the week I managed to scrape past the last one and it feels pretty good. At first I thought they were really unrealistic, but it gave me something to aim for and I actually achieved them.
7. After last year’s reader survey turned out to be so useful I decided to put together a 2015 reader survey to get some feedback on my content from the past year. I’ve been overwhelmed by all of the responses and have lots of ideas to get cracking on. If you have a chance to fill it in that would be much appreciated.
8. Late on Wednesday night I trudged along to the cinema to see the midnight showing of the new Star Wars. I’m not a massive Star Wars fan, but I do really enjoy the films and seeing my first ever midnight showing was a pretty cool experience – even if I’m still catching up on the lost sleep!
9. There’s only one week till Christmas! I love this time of year and although I haven’t been able to go as crazy as I would like I’m really excited to give everyone their presents. Plus, it’s a brilliant time of year for someone who enjoys food and TV as much as I do…
10. So whilst my health has been a bit of an issue these past few weeks, and recovering from my operation wasn’t what I expected, I’m thankful for the fact that it could be so much worse. I’m lucky to have access to health care and an amazing support network around me.