The past couple of weeks have been a bit of a mixed bag, but boy have they been busy! Despite a few unhappy moments I feel like focusing on the positives in each situation helps me get on with my life, so here are ten happy things from the past week:
1. Last Tuesday I celebrated 5 years with my lovely boyfriend. It’s a bit crazy to think that he’s been in my life for so long, but I love him to pieces and he’s my best friend. To celebrate we had an amazing meal at Chaophraya in Edinburgh and I’ve been dreaming of their duck ever since.
2. On our anniversary we were supposed to be seeing the incredible Foo Fighters – a band I’ve been waiting to see for years – however Dave Grohl broke his leg and it wasn’t to be. Instead, we treated ourselves to a much needed spa day which was absolute bliss.
3. Again on Tuesday, I found out that I’d actually passed all of my exams for this year. I’m really happy with my results and so glad I don’t have to go back to Aberdeen for any resits! That chapter of my life is officially over and I couldn’t be happier.
4. Last week I found out that I didn’t get in to another university this year as the course was full and so my application wasn’t considered. Whilst it’s upsetting, it’s also a massive opportunity. I have no set plans yet but I’m working on finding a new
better job and saving up some money to travel a bit.
5. I finally got to go to the cat cafe through in Edinburgh! Spending an afternoon surrounded by beautiful cats and drinking tea isn’t the worst thing in the world, I’ll tell you that much. I’m desperate to go back already and I really want one to open in Glasgow too.
6. Continuing with the animal theme, we also visited the zoo when we were through in Edinburgh so I got to see the penguins! At the moment they have lots of little penguin chicks and it was so exciting getting to see them all. I like penguins a lot.
7. Over the past couple of weeks I had a really annoying eye infection that was starting to do my head in, but now it’s cleared up and I can finally start doing my make up properly again! Plus my eye doesn’t hurt any more so that is also a bonus.
8. My holiday is all paid for! Which means I can stress less about money and maybe treat myself to a new hair colour…
9. There’s going to be a new baby in Paddy’s family and I am so excited to buy baby clothes – they’re all so cute and teeny!
10. I’m starting to feel a bit better about my blog, and life in general. I let myself get a little bit too stressed which I really shouldn’t have done. Now I’m feeling fresher, I have a bit more motivation and I’m actually able to write again. Hence this post…
What has made you happy this week?