When I moved in to this flat back in September one of the first things I bought was a blender from Asda, fully armed with the intention to drink smoothies with my breakfast every single day. I bought my blender in the sale for £10 and I can’t find it on the website anymore, but it’s just the black version of this one. Unsurprisingly this didn’t last all that long but right now I am really enjoying a good ol’ smoothie so I thought I’d share a few of my favourite concoctions!
1. Spinach, mango, pineapple, coconut milk, aloe vera & orange juice – this is the green smoothie pictured above and is my current go-to in the morning! I use the Koko coconut milk from my January Degustabox which helps to create a yummy tropical treat.
2. Spinach, chia seeds, apple juice, raspberries, blueberries & soya milk – when making this I use frozen fruit which makes this lovely and chilled. I can imagine this would be great in the summer! I use spinach as the main vegetable base in the majority of my smoothies as it adds all the nutrients without having a massive impact on the taste.
3. Banana, pineapple, coconut milk, greek yoghurt & honey – I rarely have yoghurt in the fridge but when I do I make sure to include it in my smoothies as they make them taste that little bit creamier and a bit more of an indulgence. I love tropical & citrus fruits so pineapple is a favourite of mine!
4. Mango, raspberry, strawberry, blueberry, orange juice, kale & soya milk – this is a lovely berry blast with a fair amount of nutrients. This is really nice made either with frozen fruit or fresh. What I love about this is how much you can alter the flavour by adding more of your favourite berry, personally I love raspberries the most so add plenty of them for a kick of tartness.
5. Raspberry, melon, orange juice, greek yoghurt – another smoothie with raspberries… yup! In this one the flavours all complement each other really well and I find the addition of yoghurt makes this more of a treat for me.
Whilst I love a good smoothie another thing I use my blender for a lot is to make Oreo milkshakes. I figured I’d be a bit sneaky and share the really easy way I make them! Obviously they’re not brimming with nutrients but hey, they taste good. Basically, all you need to do is mash up some Oreo biscuits and mix them in a blender with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream and a decent splash of milk. You can thank me later.
Do you have any favourite smoothie recipes? Please share them in the comments!