So here we are, the last Sunday of 2014 and the final post in the Blogging Tips series for now. Some might say I timed this particularly well, but in all honesty I missed so many weeks at the beginning that it’s actually pure coincidence how this has worked out! I’m not really introducing anything new in this post, it’s more of a recap of what’s gone down throughout the series and links to all of the topics I’ve covered.
I started out under the vague heading of Content, covering everything that goes in to a blog from layouts to bloggers block and the best way to interact with PRs. Under this heading I covered 6 topics which were:
- Dealing With Bloggers Block – inspiration sources, ways to stay motivated and why you should NEVER copy someone’s hard work
- Blogging On A Budget – shop your stash, sharing your knowledge and other cheap (or free!) ideas for posts
- Basics of Blog Photography – a few little tips & tricks, including lighting, composition and technology that comes in handy for blog photography
- Photo Editing for Bloggers – a little run down of how I edit, some handy free applications and some more tips & tricks to bear in mind when editing photos
- Layout 101 – The bare bones of HTML vs CSS, things to avoid in a layout, handy widgets to include and where to go if you want some help
- Working With PRs – chatting etiquette, attitude, disclosure and when to say no
- Twitter – how to utilise this for your blog and why Twitter chats are awesome
- Facebook & Pinterest – discussing if Facebook pages are really all that important, some great resources on Facebook and how to make the most of the ultimate procastination tool – Pinterest
- Instagram – Tips & tricks for Instagram photos, apps for editing, the wonders of the hashtag and some great accounts to follow
- The Importance of Community – a little ramble about why it’s so important to dive head first in to the blogging community, and some ways in which you can do this
- Time Management – getting the right work/life balance, prioritising your time, blogging on the go and why scheduling is the BEST
- Organisation – a few tips & tricks from one of the most unorganised people you will ever meet (hint: moi!) including the wonder of the to do list.