Ever since his little health scare at the beginning of the month Ginger has been spoilt rotten, having his every whim attended to and the whole family at his beck and call. Having lived with this little pampered prince for most of my life, I know him pretty well, which also means I am all too aware of the things that will put him in a mood foul enough to rival that of Grumpy Cat...
- When he wants to meow the house down at 3am and everyone pretends to be asleep
- That cold, wet, slushy thing that the humans call snow.
- Not being allowed to sleep under the covers
- Being refused the last of the leftover spaghetti
- When the humans pay more attention to their computers than him
- Also, when his attempts to gain their attention by sitting on the keyboard are thwarted
- The fact that Charlotte eats most of the cheese without sharing
- Having to put up with the din from the hairdryer/vacuum cleaner/Charlotte's singing
- Being tripped over when he sleeps at the top of the stairs in the dark
- When my dad barks at him to see how his hearing is doing (to be fair, this annoys all of us)
- Being called princess
- Charlotte's desire to dress him up in sparkly bow-ties (it's FESTIVE.)
- Having to endure numerous "photoshoots" so that Charlotte can get a nice photo for #caturday
- Any form of plastic bag - and having to pay 5p for them
- Dodging flying rugby balls when my brother practises in the garden
- The humans complaining about him sleeping on their brand new black jeans and covering them in Ginger fuzz
- Being put on a diet
- Eating bits of grass for them then to come back out of his nose (true story)
- Not being allowed to go out for the 10th time in 15 minutes
- Vets who put thermometers in unspeakable places
And that's just the tip of the iceberg... He's a grumpy boy but we love him to pieces. Pets are part of the family and it can be heartbreaking when things go wrong, but having cat insurance can help to take some of the weight off your mind in the tough times. It might seem unnecessary, but when that massive vet bill comes through the door you'll be thankful! Plus, if you buy your policy through MORE TH>N they'll donate £20 to the RSPCA to help less fortunate animals. A few weeks ago I didn't think I'd have my cat for much longer, but words can't even express how grateful I am he's still here.
Does your pet have any weird habits? Ginger is also particularly fond of custard creams!
This is a collaborative post
Read my full disclaimer here