24 Sep 2015
10 Happy Things #4
1. It's been nearly a month since I went on holiday (how?!?!) and I'm missing the sunshine a lot, but I've got a few more trips sorted for the next couple of months which I'm really looking forward to.
2. The Foo Fighters have been one of my favourite bands pretty much since I started high school, and I finally got to see them play live this month. It was just incredible to experience their music in the flesh after waiting so long!
3. I kind of forgot how much I like autumn. I hate being cold, but there's something refreshing about the crisp mornings with a hint of frost. I love seeing the trees change too, the fiery autumn colour palette is one of the reasons I love this season so much.
4. I finished my internship yesterday, and whilst I'm sad it's over it'll be nice to have a few days to myself! I've got a massive to do list to work my way through, plus I'm excited to get back in to the swing of things with blogging & what not.
5. The colder days have meant more cosy nights tucked in bed with a good book and some fluffy pjs - absolute bliss!
6. Earlier in the week I paid a visit to Iolla to pick out a new pair of glasses and decided to go for something a little bolder than my previous pairs. I'm really excited for them to arrive so I can show them off properly!
7. I feel like all of my happy posts include Jellybear, but there is no getting over how good it is. On Sunday I met up with Lis to chat over cookie dough and chocolate milkshakes - I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday!
8. Much like Jellybear, Claire Barclay Draws also seems to pop up in my happy posts a lot... I've been steadily building up my collection month by month and as my September treat I decided to commission a little custom necklace to show off my Mancunian roots. Claire was ridiculously kind and also included a brooch of my blog header as a surprise extra! I'm thinking about putting together a post dedicated to showing off my substantial collection - is that something you'd like to see?
9. I'm now finally caught up with Suits, and all I can say is OH MY GOD. The next episode seems so far away, so I'm trying to find something to keep me occupied in the mean time. Throw your recommendations my way!
10. I had a bit of a crisis of confidence in my blog at the start of the month, but I'm crawling out of it now and it's a great feeling. I work hard for my blog, and whilst it may not be massive, it's mine and that's all that matters.
What's been making you happy this week?
Labels: happy things
© Colours and Carousels | Scottish Lifestyle, Beauty and Fashion blog